1-2 pieces of chicken, bone-in
1. Pound shallots, ginger and garlic together or you can also thinly sliced them.
2. In a medium size pot, heat the oil and add no.1, stir until fragrant.
3. Add in the water. When the water is boiling, add in the chicken, potato and carrot.
4. Continue boiling, flip the chicken once or twice.
5. Add salt, sugar and pepper. Stir.
6. Cover and let it simmer for about 10-15min.
7. When ready to serve, garnish with chopped chinese celery and fried shallot/onion.
You can eat this with rice, on its own or with bread/rolls.