I must say this Egg Rendang / Rendang Telur is the easiest rendang to make. Unlike beef or chicken rendang that take hours to make/cook, this Rendang Telur takes less than an hour. That may sound long to some but if you have ever made rendang before, any kind of rendang that is, it will take hours to get them 'blend' together. So if you are running out of time or just to want a rendang dish but like me, too lazy to make something tedious, do give this Egg Rendang / Rendang Telur a try.
Egg Rendang / Rendang Telur
3-4 eggs, boiled and de-shelled
1 tsp sambal oelek
1 tsp coriander powder
2 shallot, thinly sliced
1in ginger, thinly sliced
1 garlic, thinly sliced
2-3in lemongrass, thinly sliced
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 small can coconut milk
1 tbs kerisik
Salt and sugar to taste
1. In a pot, heat some oil on medium heat and deep-fry the eggs until brown. The outer skin would get a bit wrinkly. Keep turning them until all sides are brown and wrinkly. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in a different pot and add in the sliced ingredients. Fry till fragrant.
3. Add in sambal oelek, lemongrass, coriander powder and turmeric powder. Stir well.
4. Add in coconut milk, salt and sugar and mix well.
6. Stir continuously and let the rendang cook on medium heat until almost dried and add in kerisik and eggs.