This simple and easy recipe for spring roll was given to me by my friend Shirin and it immediately became our favourite since it really is very easy to make with minimal ingredients. The meat is of course optional. You can either use other meat or simply omit it from the recipe.
Spring Roll with Ground Meat - Recipe
2cups frozen mixed veggies
Salt and pepper to taste
Oil for frying
1. Pound garlic, ginger and shallot in a mortar and pestle or slice them thinly.
2. In a deep pan or wok, brown groundbeef and drain excess fat.
3. Add frozen veggies and the pounded mixture, stir. Cover for 2-3min. Uncover and continue stirring until the veggies are soft. Add salt and pepper to taste. Turn off the heat and let it cool.
4. Take the springroll skin one at a time and put the filling in the middle. Fold 1 corner, followed by right and left corner and roll until the end. Seal the end by dabbing a little bit of cold water so it sticks to one another. Continue until all fillings are used.
5. In a wok, heat enough oil for deep frying. depending the size of your wok, fry between 3-5 at a time. Flip once or twice until they are golden brown. Drain. Serve immediately with Lingham Chili Sauce or your favourite chili sauce.